Friday, March 12, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

Ah yes. Life as an English teacher continues after a 7 month break. Aiiii go! Anyway, teaching English in Korea is very much like falling off a bike: It hurts every time! Truthfully, it's not really as bad as all that. Gongju is a smaller university than CNU, and I'm not dealing with teaching freshmen students. I only have to teach people that sign up for the Institute. Most of my students are adults, so it's pretty easy. I'm even enjoying the two classes of first graders that I have to teach in the afternoon. About the only thing I'm not really happy with is my schedule. I have to teach two classes early in the morning, which I don't mind. I like the early morning stuff. What is killling me is the SEVEN HOUR BREAK between my morning and afternoon classes and then the hour break between 6 and 7pm. I need to find something other than napping to pass the time during the break. All of that doesn't matter because I survived the first week and it's FRIDAY!!! YAAAAAY!!!!

Even though it's good to be working again, I' still having mixed feelings about being back in Korea. It's good to see my friends again and get the chance to hangout, but it feels strange. I don't feel like I belong here any more. I'm sure tings will feel more normal as I settle into the job and my new apartment (my back is killing me adjusting to the new bed). The funny thing is is that I miss Taiwan already, and, of course, I miss Rebecca terribly. I'll just have to suck it up and plow on ahead.

I have more to add, but I mus head to my last class of the night. %0 minutes of English bliss and it's beer time. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment