Friday, January 22, 2010

It's a simple twist of fate...

Taiwan 1 - Eric 0:


For whatever reasons big or small, it seems that my first stab at Taiwan will end with my inglorious retreat back to Korea. Obviously, my all out, frontal attack strategy didn't work. I will have to sit back, regroup, and come up with a more devious plan for next time. It is a hard decision to go back, but one that is, unfortunately, unavoidable. I have to be thankful that I have friends and family willing to help me get through this. There is also the idea that, short of it suddenly sinking into the ocean, Taiwan will be around for a while.

The Blunt Trauma Irony Dept.:

After formally commiting to the job in Korea yesterday morning, I went home and found my shiny, brand new ARC card (work permit for Taiwan) waiting for me in the mail. And the gods laugh!

In the end, there is really only one thing to say....and so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment